Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

Thanksgiving hosted by the Days!

Alan & I hosted Thanksgiving this year in our new house.  My parents, brother & Uncle all came in to town.  Since the A&M/Texas football game is actually on Thanksgiving Day, we celebrated Thanksgiving on Friday instead of Thursday.  Unfortunately, the Aggies lost in a heartbreaker of a game. 

I was so excited to use my new dining room table & chairs….they were the first big thing we bought for the house, knowing we would be hosting Thanksgiving.  I also got to use my “new” china…it’s actually not new, I inherited it from my Granny T. & it was her Great Great Grandmothers & came over here from Sweden.  It’s actually a very pretty pattern, with gold & silver in it, so we decided to keep it instead of registering for china.   My mom & I cooked the entire meal while the boys all went out & played golf.  Our neighbors came over for desserts & a big fire in Alan’s new fire pit in the back yard.  I think it went pretty well as our first Thanksgiving in our new home!  We can’t wait to celebrate more holidays in it!

002003011012013016017018019020021022023025027028

No comments: